3/28/2010

Did anyone just see that?

I was hoping for something to write about for my first post, but never did I dream of this.

So, unless you can't click links, you now know that the the Nineties are back, as the Militia movement has joined other past retro trends as the latest thing to creep back towards the mainstream.

The details are sketchy as of now, but it looks like somewhere between three and six colourful characters were picked up in a massive interstate raid. The charges might be anything from selling pipe bombs to threats of violence against Muslims. We'll know the details tomorrow.

Now, by all accounts, the Militias never went away, anyone who has seen one of their Geocities-worthy sites on Portal of Evil is aware of that. But I can't help but think that they might be feeling slightly emboldened right now.

When you have Bircher-esque ideas being thrown around on the news, you know that something is definitely fucked. I remember driving around Utah in 2006 listening to Michael Savage on a rental car radio and being just blown away with him talking about the Soviets' involvement in the "Jihadist movement"

Soviet! Seriously, doesn't that sound like someone calling a refrigerator an "icebox" or a calculator an "adding machine"?

I've found myself drawn to the batshit loco loonball since I first started reading alt.conspiracy god knows how many years ago. I even have an LP by Mr. Myron Fagan himself on the Illuminati in the Council of Foreign Relations. But now that I can turn on Glenn Beck and hear Fagan-esque ranting on Commies in 2010, I don't know what to think. I feel like the Cruxshadows have just had a #1 single. I feel like Liquid Sky was re-released and now everyone is painting their face like Margaret.

Actually, rework that last one. I feel like Liquid Sky was re-released and now everyone is doing heroin.

Anyway. First things fucking last. I'm Alex, nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment